Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

Come back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Garur
Coal Miner
Coal Miner
Garur

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 108

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Come back   Come back EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Come back :c I miss u guys <3
Back to top Go down
http://wikary101.tumblr.com/
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin
G1_Soundwave

Your Style : Shipwright
Male Posts : 326

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 3:16 am

As much as I'd like to, the server doesn't exist anymore :/
Back to top Go down
https://ello.co/soundrage
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am

Garur wrote:
Come back :c I miss u guys <3

Story of my life.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Funny story. So one random day coming home for work, I was so beat, I didn't log into minecraft and said to myself "I'll just do it tomorrow". I played daily, but took a day off for me... ya' know? Well, then work became a hassle, and priorities changed, and after fighting needless and pointless battles, the working environment changed, so I left that behind... gained new employment, and quickly climbed up to the ranks.

Well one day, while sifting through a completely disorganized C drive.. I mean- a real mess, I came across a "testworld". And said within myself... Ah... I remember this game. This and Human Resource Machine. So after optimizing a bit in human resource machine, I turned in for the night. A week later, I came across the same testworld, fired up minecraft- to see it had completely changed. I needed to re-download the jar,.. and it just didn't work right.. so I said "Meh".. I really loved that game. I went to halcyon-minecraft.com to say "hello" and see how my "other", 'other' family was doing, only the thing didn't exist... was halcyon closed? So then I loaded up minecarft, yet again, struggled a bit, and boom. It connected... but alas... It was gone.

And so, one day I came across this Saved Webpage link... and it said "halcyon-minecraft.forumotion.com" to wit I said Lo'! Forumotion. So I typed it in to see if it would work... and, behold! Deadcraft.

This is why you cannot afford to take a day off.

Well... Awfully rude of me to have allowed time to go on without allowing you all the peace of mind to know I yet live. But I suspect you all knew I could never be destroyed. Have I gone the way of the katpillow? Is there a server of monks for me where katpillow awaiteth?

Oh! I also developed an algorithm that can save the world... Basically instead of allocating binary in 0sand 1's, you use tuciary numbers, 1, 3, 9, 27, 81, and 243. You use logic to represent the data. For instance, 243 + 81 is greater than 255, so the presence of a 243 and 81 means 243-81. it's implied. And a -243 plus all the other numbers is negative. Thus the absence of a 243 simply means 0. And if there is a 0 in the 243 slot, then the absence of an 81 means 0 as well, since -81 + 27 + 9 + 3 + 1 is stil negative, and bytes are 0 to 255. So like a number... like.. randomly 192 would be 11000000 in binary (8 bits), but 18Cencoded would be 243 - 81 + 27 + 0 + 3 + 0, or 101010. Thus you can use 6 bits to represent 8 bits... making like, an 8-byte string reduce to 7 bytes... and those 7 bytes would be 0's and 1's- You just recompress the compressed data!, Thusly you can squeeze the Lord Of The Ring's Triliogy 4K HD onto a 1.14k Floppy disk. This would even the playing field, and remove the threat of absolute power, as people could finally communicate... and... save the world. Much.. like minecraft... So.. I've been busy.

Yeah.

^_^
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm

EighteenCharacters wrote:
Funny story.  So one random day coming home for work, I was so beat, I didn't log into minecraft and said to myself "I'll just do it tomorrow".  I played daily, but took a day off for me... ya' know?  Well, then work became a hassle, and priorities changed, and after fighting needless and pointless battles, the working environment changed, so I left that behind... gained new employment, and quickly climbed up to the ranks.

Well one day, while sifting through a completely disorganized C drive.. I mean- a real mess, I came across a "testworld".  And said within myself... Ah... I remember this game.  This and Human Resource Machine.  So after optimizing a bit in human resource machine, I turned in for the night.  A week later, I came across the same testworld, fired up minecraft- to see it had completely changed.  I needed to re-download the jar,.. and it just didn't work right.. so I said "Meh".. I really loved that game.  I went to halcyon-minecraft.com to say "hello" and see how my "other", 'other' family was doing, only the thing didn't exist... was halcyon closed?  So then I loaded up minecarft, yet again, struggled a bit, and boom.  It connected... but alas... It was gone.

And so, one day I came across this Saved Webpage link... and it said "halcyon-minecraft.forumotion.com" to wit I said Lo'! Forumotion.  So I typed it in to see if it would work... and, behold!  Deadcraft.

This is why you cannot afford to take a day off.

Well... Awfully rude of me to have allowed time to go on without allowing you all the peace of mind to know I yet live.  But I suspect you all knew I could never be destroyed.  Have I gone the way of the katpillow?  Is there a server of monks for me where katpillow awaiteth?

Oh!  I also developed an algorithm that can save the world... Basically instead of allocating binary in 0sand 1's, you use tuciary numbers, 1, 3, 9, 27, 81, and 243.  You use logic to represent the data.  For instance, 243 + 81 is greater than 255, so the presence of a 243 and 81 means 243-81.  it's implied.  And a -243 plus all the other numbers is negative.  Thus the absence of a 243 simply means 0.  And if there is a 0 in the 243 slot, then the absence of an 81 means 0 as well, since -81 + 27 + 9 + 3 + 1 is stil negative, and bytes are 0 to 255.  So like a number... like.. randomly 192 would be 11000000 in binary (8 bits), but 18Cencoded would be 243 - 81 + 27 + 0 + 3 + 0, or 101010.  Thus you can use 6 bits to represent 8 bits... making like, an 8-byte string reduce to 7 bytes... and those 7 bytes would be 0's and 1's- You just recompress the compressed data!, Thusly you can squeeze the Lord Of The Ring's Triliogy 4K HD onto a 1.14k Floppy disk. This would even the playing field, and remove the threat of absolute power, as people could finally communicate... and... save the world.  Much.. like minecraft... So.. I've been busy.

Yeah.

^_^

I'm trying my very best to get a new server up and running for us all to go to. 18 you should PM me for my Discord/Steam info, we can chat a bit and I can let you know what happened.
Back to top Go down
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper
Sergio_Morozov

Male Posts : 57

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 am

Ah, my days on Mrminecraft server seem to be so far in the past, yet some guys' and gals' days on reddit server are even more removed from the present... Good times, good times...

EDIT#1 Also, interestgly enough, Nellynoodle https://soundcloud.com/ellie-brock-1 is still a music-oriented person...

EDIT#2 And do any adult people actually play new vanilla minecraft? Where are they all hanging out?
Back to top Go down
http://SergioMorozov.Narod.Ru
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Sergio_Morozov wrote:
Ah, my days on Mrminecraft server seem to be so far in the past, yet some guys' and gals' days on reddit server are even more removed from the present... Good times, good times...

EDIT#1 Also, interestgly enough, Nellynoodle https://soundcloud.com/ellie-brock-1 is still a music-oriented person...

EDIT#2 And do any adult people actually play new vanilla minecraft? Where are they all hanging out?

We're still all around lol, G1 and I chat on discord and steam regularly. Storm appears randomly, I talk to Miko on facebook, Gb I'll see occasionally on discord as well. Had recently heard from Robin and the old Mrmc crew briefly got back together on discord hoping to restart that server but thus far it's been a bust. There were talks of restarting Halcyon as well but that's on hold at the moment.
Back to top Go down
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin
G1_Soundwave

Your Style : Shipwright
Male Posts : 326

Come back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back   Come back EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ello.co/soundrage