Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

Forum Community RP?

Go down 
3 posters

Should we have a community RP on the forum?
Yay (Please voice your idea's.)
Forum Community RP? I_vote_lcap75%Forum Community RP? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Nay (Please voice your concerns.)
Forum Community RP? I_vote_lcap0%Forum Community RP? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe (Please ask questions.)
Forum Community RP? I_vote_lcap25%Forum Community RP? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

Forum Community RP? Empty
PostSubject: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:03 am

So the idea came to me after thinking back on a few active forums I modded and admined on and I thought, hmm, we should have a community RP.

What this is is basically a small, text based RP on the site, its too big to be in the arcade, but small enough where it doesn't need to be an entire site. Unlike normal RP's where it follows several characters over an entire world, this RP would follow a select few characters on their group journey across some story arch.

It would be its own Separate sub-forum probably attached to "Arcade."

Idea's for the setting of this RP are welcome as well as your thoughts as to if we should do this or not.

No one would be obligated to play this and you would make a character for the RP if interested.

My Idea:
-Star Trek based RP where everyone is the crew on a ship, preferably in the mirror universe or in a stolen ship as a band of pirates or rebels.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
Horse_Looker
Horse_Looker

Your Style : Redstoner
Male Posts : 350
Location : Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:08 am

I like the idea of an RP and I would join you in one. But I'm not a fan of Star Trek so I would be unable to do that particular scenario. I will be thinking of another possible scenario at school today.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:31 am

There was an RP I did on a forum a while back, Nuch should remember it as it was on his forum, it was the "Used Car Salesman RP"

You start with a set amount of money (Everyone started with $5,000) And you bid on cars, you'd repair them, and then try to sell them to an NPC who'd try to haggle the price, the point was to take old cars and fix them up, then sell them for more money.

It was quite popular till Nuch sold a used ferrari (That had major front end damage) for a Million dollars... lol. (And the goal at that time was the winner is the first person to reach a million.)

Since that one is pretty open world, I think I might go for that one, just to see how engaged people are willing to get into it, if enough people at least try it, then we can discuss a bigger Rp.
Back to top Go down
Horse_Looker
Horse_Looker

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:56 am

I know nothing about cars, nothing. I think we should start by getting everyone who will be participating, then we should all skype or something till we get an idea we all like :3. I feel this would be far faster than putting up one idea at a time on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Nuchiha
Coal Miner
Coal Miner
Nuchiha

Male Posts : 103
Location : Washington, United States of America, North America, Earth

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:08 am

Medieval RP.

Either personal or war-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatestarwarsrpg.forumotion.com/
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:33 am

Horse_Looker wrote:
I know nothing about cars, nothing. I think we should start by getting everyone who will be participating, then we should all skype or something till we get an idea we all like :3. I feel this would be far faster than putting up one idea at a time on the forum.

Don't need to know anything about cars, neither do I, I use the wiki XD.

And I refuse to get Skype. (I have reasons, but the big one being. It'd kill my computer.)

Point being is, we aren't going to please everyone, so I think I know how I'm going to do it, just stand by and check out the new forums when I give everyone else permissions to view them.
Back to top Go down
Nuchiha
Coal Miner
Coal Miner
Nuchiha

Male Posts : 103
Location : Washington, United States of America, North America, Earth

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Evil_Person wrote:
Horse_Looker wrote:

And I refuse to get Skype. (I have reasons, but the big one being. It'd kill my computer.)

Point being is, we aren't going to please everyone, so I think I know how I'm going to do it, just stand by and check out the new forums when I give everyone else permissions to view them.

I'd play this Car RP, and win, again. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatestarwarsrpg.forumotion.com/
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Nuchiha wrote:
Evil_Person wrote:
Horse_Looker wrote:

I'd play this Car RP, and win, again. Razz

XD Good luck with that, I'm changing the rules this time around to prevent there being a goal so low.
Back to top Go down
Horse_Looker
Horse_Looker

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:03 am

Meh, I guess I'm in . . . and what wiki is this that we are talking about? Wikipedia?
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah, it's pretty simple, I'll give mods perms to the forum for it, (Currently only admins have perms to see it) So you can see what I mean, you don't need to know jack shit about cars XD
Back to top Go down
Horse_Looker
Horse_Looker

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:53 pm

. . . perms to see what exactally, and where is the thing I am supposed to be looking at?
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:27 am

Horse_Looker wrote:
. . . perms to see what exactally, and where is the thing I am supposed to be looking at?

The work in progress that is the RP section. That I got lazy and "Forgot" to give the other mods perms too, I will do that right now, DO NOT post there yet, any post made there will be deleted unless its from myself. (Or from soneone who is helping with it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Community RP?   Forum Community RP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Community RP?
Page 1 of 1