Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)   Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Couldn't resist using that title, Anyways calling all redstoners and car enthusiests.

I am building a 1992 Oldsmobile Bravada on the server, giant, this one here:

Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) 10518993_352537768253210_3112843254881946490_n

Of course I'm horrible at redstone but I want to make it full power fuctional, that means headlights, tail lights, the reverse lights, power windows, hell if it's not too taxing with redstone I'd even do windshield wipers (But thats OTT so I won't do that)

I'll also be working on making an automated radio that plays music via command blocks or signs or w/e because i know you can do that in 1.7 . . . I just dunno how XD lol.

So yes, if you're interested let me know in this thread here!
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)   Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 pm

That's crazy easy. No problem...excet one. I'm playing alot of single player lately in 1.8, and I'm trying to keep to one of the two.

I actually lost an world file because I mistakenly opened a 1.8 in 1.7.10. So I made a decision right then and there not to blow up all of my stuff trying to flip back and forth.

Headlights would require a single redstone torch, and the radio would use a /playsound via command blocks, or you could use a series of noteblocks- which surprisingly takes up a small amount of space in a spiral.

I may get bored with single player and downshift to 1.7.9 to play on Halcyon again, but atm, it says "can't play because the server isn't upgraded".

However it doesn't seem too difficult a task- you would need 2 vertical blocks of space running to the headlights; one block to hold redstone dust, and another for the redstone dust herself.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)   Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh if only you knew the scale and the sheer number of lights.

It gets more complicated when I inform you I'm going to build an accurate V6 engine using pistons and have working turn signals. . . that's where you come in! Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)   Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:04 pm

How would you get the actual signal to move? area signs?
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)   Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:13 am

EighteenCharacters wrote:
How would you get the actual signal to move?  area signs?

Erm. . . it's just a blinking light so. . .A redstone signal that blinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)   Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling All Stoners (Redstoners of course!)
Page 1 of 1