Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

WE NEED A NEW BANNER!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Empty
PostSubject: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Since we've changed our we address from halcyonminecraft.no-ip.org to halcyonminecraft.net, it's time we do a bit of spring cleaning and revamp things.  

I would like to ask that our active players come up with new banner ideas, incorperating our web address, our server name, and any images or logos you'd like to see.  Post your ideas in this thread.  I will pick two or three and put up a new thread so we can vote on whose ideas we like the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:45 pm

me and grean do digital art and 2d sketch art, so we don't mind having a crack at it if you like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:54 pm

sure go ahead and make it, then up load it and share it here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:11 pm

yeah we can for sure come up with some ideas,
then we'll post them here when we come up with something :]
Back to top Go down
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Very Happy

I'd do an entry, but I just don't have the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:29 am

I've had like an amazingly cool idea for a banner (this is like idea number 3 lol)
so gonna do it like today,
soooo when I'm done i'll post it here
me and rt were also thinking of doing a couple of our ideas and then having everyone vote for one they liked
that way everyone gets a say?
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 am

I like the idea of group voting, also on the idea of banners, what if we get a selfie of the staff? Like everyone on the staff gets on at X time one day, poses at spawn, and we get a selfie of the entire staff and use that as the image for the server IP banner thing that we have.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:39 am

I like that selfie idea too,
going on mc to do my other idea XD
if its not a flop i'll post it here soonish ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Getting everyone online together is going to be tough. It would probably be easier to set up a "green screen" wall of blocks and take screen shots of individual players, then edit them all together.
Back to top Go down
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Yea, I agree with Miz. White background is easier to edit around.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 pm

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Banner14
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Banner13
WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Banner12
WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Banner10
WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Banner11
WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Banner10
Back to top Go down
FenrirLateralus
Admin
Admin
FenrirLateralus

Your Style : Landscaper
Other / Decline to state Posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:11 am

I love all of those 18C haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 am

Yeah thats what I thought evil meant, where we're all edited together afterwards
Well thats the way I'd interpret it cause thats what I'd personally do with that idea :I

I did some banners >_>
and forgot to upload them to here, derp derp

So here's a few
The text is bad, BUT i saved every photoshop file so i can change that at any time if anyone likes them OR I can send the file to someone else who would like to edit them (IF theres any takers :])

As an advance warning I went through about 30 pages of warps to find our mod/admin homes and theres a few I still can't find and like a few others I haven't made yet. I want a few of our players builds too.

Anyway I need feedback before I continue with them cause you know don't want to spend hours on something and then no one likes it :3
soooo feedback, AND if anyone does not want their home/build on these pics, please say and i'll delete it or not screenshot

Also 18C you done a really good job Smile Smile  bounce !!

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps110

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps210

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps310

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps511

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps810

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps610

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Ps710

Some of the edges are really bad >_> and require more work, but yeah feedback first
also my personal faves have got to be the last two Smile

I'm also working on a different styled banner but that one does require more time, these will do for now

enjoy ^-^
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:14 am

Should change the image of the one ship to the new ship im building, lol, should also log on skype more! But I digress. These are really nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 am

I think, while making banners are fun, we're all giving different types of images without discussing essense.

In a banner, we want a single image to say something. What do we want it to say?

In the post 2 above, in the images I've made, In order, it speaks and says

#1) Adventurous
#2) Detailed
#3) Cozy
#4) Friends
#5) Funny
#6) Nice

When I look at those images, that's what I see. Question is, what one message do we want to say in a banner? What most fits what we want to say as a server, first, and as a community second.

For me, I vote for the Friend-aspect. Sure, halcyon has blocks, but so does every other server. Sure, halcyon has people, but so does every other server... but not our people... and I think that's what makes us different and better than other servers.

What essence are we trying to convey?

OR, are we just making nice pictures?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Yeah when I uploaded that Evil I had a feeling you'd tell me to change it to the new ship XD so I shall deco do one of those for you, I think that will look gorgeous in the night with a slight sunset thing going on and a couple of stars.

Annnnd I'll try get on Skype more aha, sometimes I'm invisible so just drop me a message and i'll get back to you Smile

To what you're saying 18, the main thing that has to be on the banner is the IP address imo, cause thats the whole reason we are making a new banner right? replacing the old banner with the no-ip IP
And on the country - builds mean: A community, just look at GB City and how many people have taken part in that, shows we're a friendship server like you're saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:15 pm

I want the new banner to show the new URL. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 am

What about this kind of thing for the banner?
Was bored and decided to try this with the halcyon IP
Done with photoshop, and if you guys like it or want to suggest anything to add to it can be easily done - colour/background/text whatever
((I used a bedrock background btw, normally I just use a real brick wall but wanted it to be minecrafty))

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Halcyo10

Soo let me know what you think ^-^
just an idea after all
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:53 am

Grean_ApPle wrote:
What about this kind of thing for the banner?
Was bored and decided to try this with the halcyon IP
Done with photoshop, and if you guys like it or want to suggest anything to add to it can be easily done - colour/background/text whatever
((I used a bedrock background btw, normally I just use a real brick wall but wanted it to be minecrafty))

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Halcyo10

Soo let me know what you think ^-^
just an idea after all

Holy. . . shit. . . that. just. O: NOW IT NEEDS TO BE ANIMATED SO WE CAN PUT IT AT THE START OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS! Lol. I envision the camera panning into that sign being off then it flicking a few times before being on bright. That would be amazing. Imo.

Also great work, the bedrock matches the forum bg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks! Smile blue was the easiest to do but can be any colour really
and omg that sounds like a badass idea, the whole "turning on the neon sign" idea, pretty neat,
I can give the photoshop file to anyone that is interested in animating it if its needed XD I'm a novice to animation so yeah not for me at the minute Smile
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Grean_ApPle wrote:
Thanks! Smile blue was the easiest to do but can be any colour really
and omg that sounds like a badass idea, the whole "turning on the neon sign" idea, pretty neat,
I can give the photoshop file to anyone that is interested in animating it if its needed XD I'm a novice to animation so yeah not for me at the minute Smile

Animation. We need an animator. I've no idea how to animate.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Unlisted.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:13 pm

EighteenCharacters wrote:

Unlisted.

I fucking love you so much. . . Now I just need video editing and I can put that at the start of any video's of our server I make. (Plan on doing that when I get a new gfx card)
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 am

Video? Oh.. I thought this was for a banner... I only caught the last post or so and skimmed through it. I'm sorry, this video simply won't do for an intro video, Eeve.

So I redid it and added some stock sounds. I believe the newer version is much better. If you want to use it in video editing, I can send you the video file.

Here's a preview for the unimaginitve.

Unlisted.
Back to top Go down
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:37 am

Love that intro video with sound!

Could probably even get one of us to record our voice saying "Halcyon Minecraft dot net" or something, to kind of add to it.

And we should totally have our own channel...........just saying. I'd make videos all the damn time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! Empty

Back to top Go down

WE NEED A NEW BANNER!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next