Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

Stargates and mobs bug out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Stargates and mobs bug out Empty
PostSubject: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 am

I tried to push two sheeps trough a stargate, they disapeared but didnt came out of the other side. Now i lost two sheeps and LogicalMonkey2 a minecart. Also LogicalMonkey2 said he used to teleport mobs in minecarts all the time in the past, so is it just my stargate?
And also I ask if can you fix this, because i realy need my sheep for a big project of mine.

-DeBasman
Back to top Go down
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper
Sergio_Morozov

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 am

I lost a donkey and a horse this way. I think server staff can not fix this. It is plugin's flaw.
Back to top Go down
http://SergioMorozov.Narod.Ru

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:57 pm

But still i want two sheeps at my farm ._.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:37 pm

They end up in the nether because mobs don't recognize stargates, they see them as nether portals. Cannot be fixed because you'd have to change the mobs.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
FenrirLateralus
Admin
Admin
FenrirLateralus

Your Style : Landscaper
Other / Decline to state Posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 pm

You can do what you're trying to do with rails leading to an active gate, carts WILL go through them.  Simply put the sheep in the cart, Dial destination, then hit button on a booster rail to send them through.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 am

Well the inherent problem with that storm, is most people trying to move animals like that generally, or for the most part anyway, don't have the resources to make these things.
Back to top Go down
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin
G1_Soundwave

Your Style : Shipwright
Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:13 am

Evil_Person wrote:
Well the inherent problem with that storm, is most people trying to move animals like that generally, or for the most part anyway, don't have the resources to make these things.

Don't mean to sound rude but that's their problem then. Not ours.
Back to top Go down
https://ello.co/soundrage
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper
Sergio_Morozov

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:26 am

What? People lack 6 gold, a bit of redstone and a bit iron? Hardly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:20 pm

It are just two sheeps that need to go from the on side to the other. i wont spend my gold on that, if there are just people that can simply spawn two sheeps. I know you cannot do anything with the fact mobs cant go trough portals but just let us know before i try to find a sheep(its hard because i live in a jungle biome and most of the ground is covered in leaves and sheeps dont spawn on leaves) bring it all the way to my base and then try to get it to another base and its just gone.
Back to top Go down
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper
Sergio_Morozov

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 pm

There should be a lot of sheep hidden IN the leaves, trust me!
Back to top Go down
FenrirLateralus
Admin
Admin
FenrirLateralus

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Sergio knows the way of the Sheep, I'd trust his input.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 pm

The sheep is warm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Stormie, I'd be interested to know if you have tested this since 1.6 or so. To my knowledge, moving mobs by stargate broke when mobs passing through nether portals was enabled. Mobs used to not go through nether portals. At that time I used to transport mobs by cart through stargates frequently. However, the developers made it so mobs would go through nether portals, and with that update, my mobs started disappearing when pushed in to a stargate, even in carts. the cart would go through, the mob would not. The mob would end up on the other side of the portal as if it were a nether portal (mob cap allowing). I've not tried it with booster rails, and do not see what difference that would make, but if you can attest to that working (post mobs-through-nether-portal update), I may try to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper
Sergio_Morozov

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 am

The Sheep knows

not if it can pass through StarGate in a cart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:03 am

Lol i got 2 sheeps from evil because of the portal eating my sheep <3
Back to top Go down
FenrirLateralus
Admin
Admin
FenrirLateralus

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 pm

greenpeasuit wrote:
Stormie, I'd be interested to know if you have tested this since 1.6 or so.  To my knowledge, moving mobs by stargate broke when mobs passing through nether portals was enabled.  Mobs used to not go through nether portals.  At that time I used to transport mobs by cart through stargates frequently.  However, the developers made it so mobs would go through nether portals, and with that update, my mobs started disappearing when pushed in to a stargate, even in carts.  the cart would go through, the mob would not.  The mob would end up on the other side of the portal as if it were a nether portal (mob cap allowing).  I've not tried it with booster rails, and do not see what difference that would make, but if you can attest to that working (post mobs-through-nether-portal update), I may try to confirm.

I admit I haven't tested it post 1.6. I will test it when I have time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:10 pm

The last time I remotely saw this working was last year when I was giving villagers to ValleyQueen. As long as I put them in a mine cart and had a rail going through my portal to the destination portal, and as long as that portal wasn't an always-on gate (i.e. nether gate or gates like the one going to my mob grinder in spawn) then the mob popped out safely on the other side.

I would recommend trying this again to see if maybe stargates is too antiquated.
Back to top Go down
FenrirLateralus
Admin
Admin
FenrirLateralus

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:25 am

Another thing I thought of is how Stargates can use different schematics. The portal block itself is what is sending mobs to the nether, as per mojang update. The plugin of Stargates has not changed since it did allow mobs to transfer between two stargates.

So in theory, another stargate schematic could be added that doesn't spawn portal blocks inside it when activated, make it like reeds or any other block type you can walk through. This should allow mobs to transfer without any portal block interaction. I will test this as well.

That way we could have normal stargates, and have entitygates as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargates and mobs bug out   Stargates and mobs bug out Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargates and mobs bug out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Halcyon Minecraft :: General Server :: PVE-
Jump to: