Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

The Amuze-Mint Park

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

The Amuze-Mint Park Empty
PostSubject: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:46 pm

I've an amazing single player world called "Archive".  It's kind of like an extremely tidy testing world, but it's... well.. an organized mess.  In any case, I've always loved and still love, the concept of a "MikoLand". or rather, more accurately, a theme park; And since Miko is the most colorfully flavored person, why not a Miko Theme!?! ^_^.

Thus I thought a good place to list some ideas of what to put in such a theme park would be a smart idea- especially since the first Miko Park pre-dated Command Blocks.  Command Blocks now no longer require clocks (thanks to Searge) and they promote If-Then Statements (well, I've found away using TestFor, but I've not seen anyone else try to think this way... Old habits).

So in archival fashion, we can discuss builds and ideas on implementation here.  Nothing is off limits, because, as you all know, we are amazing, able to think of ways to do the impossible.  Unlimit your thinking and post, post, post!
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Here's a post for ya!  The Bungee Jump.  It's simple.  The player walks onto a platform of slime blocks.  There are 2 fence posts that lead up about 100 blocks or so.  The Player jumps, and flies unexpectedly 120 blocks or so up in the air.  Whoosh- what a rush.  Then the plummet, but remember- it was slime blocks you jumped off of, yes?  You'll land just fine.

The implementation:  Well you'll need 2 sets of command blocks.  One command block needs to be way up in the air above the platform, the other hidden under the platform.  The command block will test for a player on the platform, perhaps holding a "ticket".  Then, once successful, will chain to another which applies Resistance 99 and JumpBoost 69 to the player on the platform.  It can rapidly do so to multiple people.  The player will then jump and go way up in the air, loading the upper command block, even though it's just outside viewing distance.  This air-borne command blocks will give you JumpBoost 70 for 1 second (overriding the 69), and give Resistance 100 for 20 seconds.  This Resistance is important for a few reasons- 1. if you miss the slime platform, and 2. if you hold SHIFT on the Slime Blocks.  The 20 seconds will be enough for you to bounce a lot before reaching your 3 block fall-damage height thingie.  What about lag?  Well that's why you apply Resistance 99.  Better for you to live and never die, than that you die out of a busted mechanic

You should therefore get that resistance before launching yourself.  Everything else is just a fancy leash knot and fence posts.  What do you all think?  For a survivalists, this is great fun.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyWed May 04, 2016 4:52 am

Sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyWed May 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Here's an idea:
Merry Go Round.  Set up, there are "floating" Horses on a slab donut sitting idle.  There is a jukebox.  Put in a record, and the merry Goes Round!

Implementation:  Dig down underground, and set up a minecart track.  The track would need to have ups and downs, and some twists, and some powered rails.  The powered rails would be blinking on, and off when in use.  The net effect of this is "Boost,-Halt, Boost-Halt".  The ride is pretty smooth.  Why dig down?  To remove the minecart roller sound.  In this minecart, you place a Horse with or without A.I. (unknown which is best), or a boat, which is riding an invisible armorstand, which  is riding an armorstand, which is riding an armorstand, which is riding an armorstand, which is riding an armorstand, which is riding an armorstand, etc.  When you put in a record, a comparator output in the center of the go-round will create a redstone output, starting a rapid fire clock which starts the powered rails on and off again.  This goes until the record stops.  If you have a boat, you can build it up with the fancy fence rails and whatnot.  Lots of Gold, lapis and stained glass makes it crazy fancy.  Put in one of those GBCity bus station turnabouts, and a ticket booth; and you're set.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Another great Idea: The Ferris Wheel. It's simple. You Hop in a stationary minecart. The minecart slowly moves in a clockwise position, stopping every so often. You have a magical view. It goes around and then pops you out at the end.

Implementation: Fairly simple. You have No-Ai, No Gravity, Invisibled Armor Stands precariously placed at regular intervals. Because you told an Armor Stand to have NoAI, (even though Armor Stands have no Ai by default) It won't lag the server, because it is told to never check for an action. It's flags are set to invisible, and they float there. You hop in the minecart, and test for player in a location. Then using a TP @ x y z fromx fromy fromz radius 1block, you can smoothly teleport a player using a system of testfor and teleport. It would work by testfor player at Location ABC, chains to teleport to location B. A separate chain tests for player at location B, and teleports to location C. When it reaches the new minecart, it will pause for a bit. This is done with a standard testfor, and a comparator, leading into a circuit that delays a teleport from Minecart2 to minecart 3.... It makes sens- you get it, right? Because of the new chain commandblocks, there is virturally no lag from constantly and rapidly changing blocks, or redstone clocks making and unmaking lighting updates. At the end, there is a testfor, which setblock an activator rail under the first minecart you were originally in. Thus, this will eject the player.

The only issue is what happens if the player presses Left Shift? This is the same thing as hopping out of a ferris wheel in real life. You die? or maybe you want to give resistance 20 for the area or something. I think it's much more realistic to leave that as a totally valid option- no resistance. Keep your arms in legs inside the ride at all times. But hey- I'm a jerk like that ;-)
Back to top Go down
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Loving these ideas, 18!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyTue May 10, 2016 4:40 am

The greatest idea: Jet Skiiiiissss ^_^ This is a thing which I've done in single player, already, but it just occurred to me that the two could be combined into a thing. It's pretty much an adult version of a playground jungle gym where you blast around. It's pretty much jesus running.

Implementation: Imagine a good old Sonic the hedgehog island, or maybe Koopa Beach from Mario Kart 64. You know the one? An amplified terrain minecrafty island, with overhangs a cave and maybe a gentle sloping waterfall. Section this large 200 x 200 area off, and make it so that the person in the area has to wear "safety boots", and a "safety helmet". These items have to be named as such. The boots must have minecraft.enchantmentlevel.unbreaking.50, and depth strider III, and the helmet needs Respiration III. Whenever someone is within the 200 x 200 cube, they are given Resistance 50, Regeneration 1, Saturation 100, jump boost 10, and speed 20. That seems to me to be the perfect speed. There's something about the high-octane shift that can only be described as adults acting like kids. If the terrain is paradise-islandy enough, then it would make for a very good time. Perhaps I should go make these in a test world and upload them to a schematic. MC 1.10 has structure blocks, so, sending these creations to others gets easier and easier- especially command block creations. Jet Ski Jesus Running (because he jet packs on water, right?) is easily the best thing ever. 10/10. If you've never opened up a test world and done this, you're missing out. The commands are /effect 18C minecraft:speed 9999999 20, and subsequent Jumpboost, resistance, and saturation. 10, ephing 10
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptySat May 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Here's another idea for a ride. Take one of Ruby's boats, but a little smaller. have a minecart track that runs at an angle from one end to the other. Line it with rails. When you're in the cart, you nudge it, and you'll start up the one side, run out of steam, and fall down to the other side. This will go back and forth until you reach the bow of the ship (as there's a booster at the bottom). Then, when you reach the top, slime blocks pop the cart in the air. After a while, Nasuea I starts for 10 seconds. then Nasuea II for 20, until you don't know WHAT'S happening.

This is like those pirate boats that are suspended by the protractor looking things that eventually turn you upside down. This is doable in a minecart. The dipping back and forth gets crazy when you get to the height, and a piston extends you out, and you actually get some height from the crazy thing.

Implementation: This is the simplest. A slimeblock on a sticky piston at the top of the ship will give the minecart's path a U shape. The nausea is for effect. Sadly, you can't give a minecart a status effect, but this is still pretty fun in it's own right. With a clever enough slime block placement, it can actually be used to do a loopty loop.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptySat May 14, 2016 4:48 pm

EighteenCharacters wrote:
Here's another idea for a ride.  Take one of Ruby's boats, but a little smaller.  have a minecart track that runs at an angle from one end to the other.  Line it with rails.  When you're in the cart, you nudge it, and you'll start up the one side, run out of steam, and fall down to the other side.  This will go back and forth until you reach the bow of the ship (as there's a booster at the bottom).  Then, when you reach the top, slime blocks pop the cart in the air.  After a while, Nasuea I starts for 10 seconds.  then Nasuea II for 20, until you don't know WHAT'S happening.

This is like those pirate boats that are suspended by the protractor looking things that eventually turn you upside down.  This is doable in a minecart.  The dipping back and forth gets crazy when you get to the height, and a piston extends you out, and you actually get some height from the crazy thing.

Implementation:  This is the simplest.  A slimeblock on a sticky piston at the top of the ship will give the minecart's path a U shape.  The nausea is for effect.  Sadly, you can't give a minecart a status effect, but this is still pretty fun in it's own right.  With a clever enough slime block placement, it can actually be used to do a loopty loop.

I could build a boat for this, what kind of boat do you need and how much space do you want me to leave to accommodate the redstone? I could even set it up like one of the swinging pirate ships if you'd like Smile

Edit*: The enabling of area signs would be a great thing too, could make the implementation of some of these things less redstone intensive.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptySun May 15, 2016 7:38 am

RubySparkler wrote:
EighteenCharacters wrote:
Wakka Wakka

I could build a boat for this, what kind of boat do you need and how much space do you want me to leave to accommodate the redstone? I could even set it up like one of the swinging pirate ships if you'd like Smile

Edit*: The enabling of area signs would be a great thing too, could make the implementation of some of these things less redstone intensive.

The beauty is that it needs very little redstone. Well Redstone wire that is. A ship such as this would be... guessing... 40 blocks wide? The idea is that it's a pirate looking ship... like from pirates of the carribean, minus the sails and mast. The minecart track is a \_/ shape. You put your minecart stationary at the bottom, and give it a nudge. The first rails on either side of the bottom rail are powered. So a nudge will shoot you up, but because of minecraftianphysics, the amount of time over the powered rail isn't enough to boost you to the top of the track, so you fall back down, and rear up the other side. The falling back down will get you close to the top of the other side, but it will take more gravity-falling-time to do that, which you gain on your next bout down. Then when you reach the top, a detector rail triggers the piston to fire you up and into the sky. Some ladders along side the boat will do for aesthetics. Then you fall straight back down on the rail, and hit the other detector rail.

Now, you remember form redstone class that a torch on a block with redstone wire on top of it, being powered by 2 torches makes an AND gate. So after both slime blocks have been triggered once, start the nausea potion effect, /effect @p[r=3] minecraft:nasuea 10 2. A command block under the starting platform would ensure that you would be refreshed with a blast of /effect every time you passed over the starting point. It could get crazy after a while, such as activating side slime pistons with sideways shooting slimeblocks, so the path you take is up, and blast out at an angle. With the nausea, you wouldn't be quite sure what was happening.

It's a carnival ride. Good for a jolly or two before moving on to the next one. However, the length of the ship would be based upon how much a powered rail can boost up a player, after falling downward via gravity. My brain is saying that just over a chunk length is good, thusly, my 40 block length, 20 on each side. The hull of the ship- any depth, would be enough for the redstone, as most of it is detector rails.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptySun May 15, 2016 7:44 am

Underestimated Idea:
A petting Zoo. Ever seen an ocelot? Many minecrafters haven't. Especially the baby ones (which can be forced to be babies forever I believe... or at least for like 65535 days). A petting zoo with puppies, kittens, baby lambs, baby pigs, and baby chickens is too adorable to pass up. Then there's the "buy seeds to feed babies" stand. Because they're babies, they won't be naughty ( :} ), and it would be a nice addition to a theme park.

Implementation: Crazy easy. You use the "isbaby" attribute for the critter when you spawn it in. There's a bit of syntax which I can't recall right now, but in a redstone testing world, I remember using this tag when the baby zombies came out; I wanted to... test a... "cruelty-free" thing... It's in the game, and it'd be super fun to spawn in some creatures you're not used to seeing.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Good Idea! Viewing Booth:

Minecraft, being the beautiful low-resolution place it is, can support zooming and viewing booths. You know what those, are, yes? Those binocular things you look through to zoom in? Well, why not have a few of these lying around in a park?

Implementation: Super easy. Give yourself the effect of /effect 18C minecraft:slowness sumtime 7. Slowness 7 cannot zoom in any harder. There should be armor stands with the invisiblity tag set to true. It should have a white leather helmet on it. What you would do is walk into the armor stand's space, and hold shift. Shift will crouch you down a bit. Then you set up a command block to test for player in XYZ spot (same as armor stand). Then if that passes (via comparator), test for X, Y-.12, Z. Any programmer knows what I just did. It tests for a player, and then it tests for a player's hair. It should be set up with an inverted torch powering a like of redstone, and a comparator from the test for powering the same line to invert one torch, so that when both are satisfied, the torch turns on.

The idea is the player steps into the helmet space, and then holds crouch. The player experiences Slowness for like 2 seconds. Since it's slowness 7, rather than fisheyeing out, it zooms in. By a lot. You can watch people run around the park and spy on peoples. The downside is the slowness makes it so you can't move. That's why you set it to 2 seconds. If the server lags, you won't be in/out/in/out, and if you want to leave, just wait the 2 seconds, and you're out. It detects your hair, thusly it detects when you stand up from crouching, because the testfor is for X Y.98 Z or something like that.

The one set up outside Ruby's bedroom is a good example of functionality.
Smile
-18C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amuze-Mint Park   The Amuze-Mint Park Empty

Back to top Go down

The Amuze-Mint Park
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Halcyon Minecraft :: General Server :: Mikoland-
Jump to: