Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

WE NEED A NEW BANNER!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:50 am

*pouty lips*... Halcyon dot net... hmmmmmmmm *bites lower lips* After daaark..... *licks teeth*

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem... But what type of voice do you want?
A) A sexy voice Female
B) A Sexy voice Male
C) A gruff army voice
D) A macho, tacky, 70's disco voice
E) Radio voice
F) Sports announcer voice
G) Nerdy plain voice (default)
H) Futuristic VanDisel Voice.

All of these are within my vocal distinuishing ostrusification threshhold. Would a sampling of all be helpful? or maybe like 11 different videos, so you can choose which ever one you feel fits whichever episode you're doing...?

Later today though, as I'm 1 whole minute late for works :-)

-18C
Back to top Go down
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

I think sexy female, sexy male, gruff army, and radio sound fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:41 pm

If I do this thing, I will need people to judge which ones sound best, and give me suggestions on adjustments. Adjustments will require the judges to know what they have in mind, and to be bale to effectively communicate that.

Anyone up for it? If so, I could record some stuffs when I get home this evening.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Miko_Rei_Hino wrote:
Love that intro video with sound!

Could probably even get one of us to record our voice saying "Halcyon Minecraft dot net" or something, to kind of add to it.

And we should totally have our own channel...........just saying. I'd make videos all the damn time.

We do, password is in the admin section of the forum.

Also that idea is fucking amazing. Now I need said file.

18c can you upload that to a file sharing place? (Keeping it private OFC so people can't pretend to be us and make us look bad!)

Also. We need to determine what we're going to post online! lol. Sure we have video's of the server we could post. But we should do specials, like lets builds and stuff! Maybe even feature some of our players, like. . . 18c's redstone corner. Where he explains complex redstone machines or something idk. Miko's Awesome Pixel Art corner? Evil's 1912 Ship corner :I Storm and G1's futuristic design 101. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Oh sweet!!!

AND YES, EVIL! YES!!!

Miko's Pixel Art, home decorating, and how to survive underground like a boss...

18's Redstone Corner sounds awesome. Evil's Grand Designs? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Miko_Rei_Hino wrote:
Oh sweet!!!

AND YES, EVIL! YES!!!

Miko's Pixel Art, home decorating, and how to survive underground like a boss...

18's Redstone Corner sounds awesome. Evil's Grand Designs? Very Happy

I think I love you now. lol
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:40 pm

18C's redstone corner? That would seem super sweet- like a "Tool Time" with Tim the Tool-man Taylor, but for Minecraft.

I would totally dig on that idea, like weekly.

Absolutely.

I'll have some time coming up later this month, where I'll crank out a few episodes. I would definatly commit to putting out a regular series of videos if that is the desire.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 pm

You'd need to record stuff for it but I can get behind that most certainly. Lets get our server awesome and popular like it aught to be.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:41 pm

I've given it a lot of thought. There needs to be a guy/person who is responsible for moderating the content of what goes up to the Halcyon page on Youtube. Submissions should be made, via a combination of Email, and file hosting. I'll find a goodly file-hosting website. Next, we need a standardized recording software, or a buddy system. I'll happily be a buddy to anyone who needs some software support, but it would be ideal for everyone to have similar software to create video content.

There needs to be rules of conduct for the videos- Basically categories. Meaning, are you in the 5-minute video category (which would be the golden go-to of the youtube channel), longer 10 minute videos (for tutorials, displays, timelapses, etc), or the 20 minutes and above (lets plays, pvp adventure, skype crafts, hour-of-power, etc). These should be episodized as much as possible. This way, if someone likes a thing, they will see the Title of the video (wince we're all different) and some videos will get more views than others, and vice versa... and all that jazz.

All in all, there should be some form of moderation. The best way to moderate a video would be to upload a video to Youtube on your own personal Youtube channel, and make it unlisted. Send an email to whomever, and also upload a copy to a file-sharing website. The Youtube moderator can check the PM/Email, watch the unlisted youtube video, critique it, and if it passes, go to the file sharing site, upload it to the Halcyon page with the title/info needed, and publish it as public.

Once it goes up on the Halcyon page, you can take it down from your youtube page, since youtube is owned by google, and they have eleventy billion servers.

I would recommend that each video have a hard-case moderator who isn't afraid to tell his or her buddy "No, 18C. This is Shyt, do it over, or do something else... This won't go up on the Halcyon page". This is the server's image.

If people feel warmly about this, then it should be established. Just like this server, no one person is responsible for keeping it going. It goes all on it's own because everyone's excited about whatever part they take in it. When Halcyon starts putting out videos, other people will find it and they will join out of curiosity if nothing else.

Oh, and Miko should also periodically prank people's houses also. I think out initial reaction to the poop horses were poorly developed, as she did, kinda donate a bunch of free wool. This is Hermitcraft level popularity.

As stated, I would happily invest in making a constant stream of content, so as long as someone is willing to address these concerns of mine, as well as concerns of thier own.

We would defintally need a moderator for videos.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin
G1_Soundwave

Your Style : Shipwright
Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:26 am

mediafire.com
Back to top Go down
https://ello.co/soundrage
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 4:25 am

Well, I nominate 18c to be in charge of the youtubes. You seem to have all this shizzle figured out. . . way more than I do. If you're willing 18c, I nominate you.
Back to top Go down
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 am

I second the nomination for 18c being our youtube moderator Smile

Annnddd....tee hee! I like my pranks Wink Very Happy

I think this could really help us get traffic! My son goes APE SHIT over youtube videos of Minecraft. Tutorials, mod testing, and actual character episodes. He has three go-to guys. He could sit there for hours and watch that shit.

And he has a bunch of friends who do the sammmmee thing.

This needs to be a thing!
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Honestly, I'm unsure I would adequately represent the interests of Halcyon's image. I'm such a recluse in my own mindset, that I imagine I would be ill-fit for the job. I'm most-certainly capable of doing it, but I would imagine the position should be filled by someone with even more authority than I. I don't mind content management, but I wouldn't know what would be goodly for Halcyon.

Don't get me wrong- this isn't "I'm afwaid to make a mistake"-type nonsense... I honestly don't feel "right" for such a position.

Also, are we getting a new Map Reset when 1.8 comes out? People talked alot about that... and I didn't know what the official lean was. If we're leaning to a new map, then that would change just about everything. In a good way, I mind you.

I'll think about being Content moderator a bit more... see if i can work out any mental obstrusifications...
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

18c I honestly couldn't think of anyone better for the job, should you choose to accept, I do think you would be amazing at it.

As for the map reset, I don't really want to reveal anything, but right now the official standing is: [CLASSIFIED]
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Classifications of that would most likely mean nothing official would happen until 1.8. If there were going to be a reset, then the videos done wouldn't be worth anything.

I'm content with waiting nonetheless, and in favor of resetting all my mistakes.

Also, is it possible to save GBCity? Cobra's all mopey about it, but I think it would be an amazing thing to save...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 pm

If I were to save it, most likely it would have to be done by splicing region files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED A NEW BANNER!   WE NEED A NEW BANNER! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WE NEED A NEW BANNER!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2