Halcyon Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

Total Forum Revanp?

Go down 
5 posters

Should we have a major forum overhaul?
Yes (Share Ideas Pls!)
Total Forum Revanp? I_vote_lcap80%Total Forum Revanp? I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
No
Total Forum Revanp? I_vote_lcap0%Total Forum Revanp? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe (Explain)
Total Forum Revanp? I_vote_lcap20%Total Forum Revanp? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 879

Total Forum Revanp? Empty
PostSubject: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:12 pm

So I've been thinking, the forum could use a revamp. We're so... predictable, our forum is like most others, we don't have any truly unique features aside from some of the custom icons and the banner. So I figured I'd see what everyone thought, both staff and players, about this idea.

The poll will run for 2 weeks exactly and we ask 'should we have a major forum overhaul?'

If you say yes please post any comments on things you think could be improved.
Back to top Go down
http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:53 pm

I think we need to have some custom artwork done, but idk who we could get to do that. I know I can't draw.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Custom artwork is a good idea. I know I can make buttons and such like post reply and the nav bar buttons but thats the extent of my ability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:46 am

Custom artwork is a cool idea! I will gladly contribute to the drawing side of things if need be ^-^ Rt is also good at drawing and he's been into a lot of digital drawing now too so I could ask him if he's interested to do that.

Another idea I had, is that we should shader screenshot everyones builds (or part of) AND what would be awesome is to get them all taken from a similar angle so that they can all be photo-montaged into like one panorama shot if that makes any sense (or this can be the banner idea) I would would help with this, tis just I don't have shaders (in the process of working out whether they'll work for my laptop) but I would easily try and edit them all together after the pics are taken :3
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:31 am

Shaders + laptop = bad idea.

We could always take a top down view of things.... and make it like a map... if that makes sense. Like a top down view of spawn, that leads into noob houses, that then leads into GB city, that then leads into water, that leads into something like my boat, that then leads into a combination of all of our space ships we've built maybe in some form of epic battle, that then leads into storm's island base then into something else. OFC that would have to be built and edited in photoshop or something so it all flows. But it'd be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 am

you could do that with panorama, would be cool to put the ships in the sky and the boats in the water, and have nearer and farther objects, i think you'd lose some depth if you did a birds eye view of things, its just an idea anyways

and I installed shaders, they work okay so I'm happy :I
Back to top Go down
FenrirLateralus
Admin
Admin
FenrirLateralus

Your Style : Landscaper
Other / Decline to state Posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:48 am

Did maybe. Though I'm leaning more towards Yes.

This is because I actually like the current layout lol, but if you guys think it can be better. I can help out as well, took two years of graphic communications in HS. Fluent with photoshop, illustrator, and indesign.
Back to top Go down
Nuchiha
Coal Miner
Coal Miner
Nuchiha

Male Posts : 103
Location : Washington, United States of America, North America, Earth

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Evil_Person wrote:
Shaders + laptop = bad idea.

We could always take a top down view of things.... and make it like a map... if that makes sense. Like a top down view of spawn, that leads into noob houses, that then leads into GB city, that then leads into water, that leads into something like my boat, that then leads into a combination of all of our space ships we've built maybe in some form of epic battle, that then leads into storm's island base then into something else. OFC that would have to be built and edited in photoshop or something so it all flows. But it'd be cool.

To do this will not be possible on the forum itself, but you could redirect the homepage to a HTML page hosted by the forum. I can make an interactive HTML page, or try. You know my work w/ the shitty HoloNet.
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatestarwarsrpg.forumotion.com/
Miko_Rei_Hino
Admin
Admin
Miko_Rei_Hino

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:13 am

If you need hand drawn things, I can do that.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:05 pm

*Bump*

Is anyone even working on this? I can't do anything without graphics and stuff. :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Well miko just got back to town from Nashville and now I'm out of town for honeymoon.

I might be able to work on something later.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Nah don't do any work on your honeymoon, It can wait until you get back Smile
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:29 am

I caught sight of th post because it was recently commented on. Um... I'm confidently sure I can do what ever needs done... I just need to know what needs to be done. I know you're speaking of over-hauling a forum, and you want buttons and junk... but I need to know for what.

Here's a picture I drew in an hour freehand, airbrushed and smoothed, with stock photo of lightning in the background, anda custom fire-filter.
Skill level for scale:

Total Forum Revanp? Goodan10
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Sphax style things for the forum, I want to overhaul all of the default looking textures. I want the buttons to look like buttons maybe? New topic benig a stone button and post reply being wood? Not sure. Things like that.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 am

I google-imaged Sphax. It's a texture pack, Yes?
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
RubySparkler

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:29 am

Yes it's a texture pack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total Forum Revanp?   Total Forum Revanp? Empty

Back to top Go down

Total Forum Revanp?
Page 1 of 1