Halcyon Minecraft

Halcyon Minecraft

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Halcyon Minecraft

Share | 

Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:03 pm

I think I broke the server... at least at my farm, that is.  I was playing with the [Bounce] sign on pistons, now that I'm a centurion and can make them.  Well, I hooked a piston up to a hopper clock, slapped a [bounce] sign on it, and tried flowing water on to it to carry mobs to be launched in to the air.

instead it launched the water flow block in to the air, dropping it as a collectable block entity.  I tried sticking a sign on the block above the piston, to hold back the water.  instead the sign launched in to the air.  THen the server quit updating for me... and when I logged out and back, no blocks load, and I fall to below y 0.  I can see chat going on, and everything is fine for everyone else.  However, nothing I type goes through, no /home or /spawn... nothing.  Sorry I broke the game.  My farm just needs to be rolled back to just before I placed that sign, I guess.  what do you need to know to be able to do that?
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Firstly, you can easily fix this by moving the piston 7 blocks from the water source, but I'm sure you knew that already.

[Bounce] moves a block/entity, right? Signs are locked with a magical spell. There is no coding to check if the owner of the piston and the sign are the same. So, by virtue of placing the sign, I would imagine that 2 different plugins are in conflict.

Beter Pistons is trying to move the sign, but Lwc is trying to undo it and put the sign back, telling the piston that "the sign is locked with a magical spell, yo". Normal pistons are unable to move blocks with signs on it which are locked, so if [bounce] was able to launch the sign, rapid fire... I would guess that's what's happening... rapid fire. This is just a guess.

If I could get a hold of Miz, I would. Sadly, she lives in a maximum security home (she has glass on her windows.... They're like forcefeilds from the future). Miko and the Miztress™ are like ultra bff's, so maybe get a hold of moki to txt miz? IDK. From here, I can do nothing.

This post needs the attention of an administrator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:42 pm

you may be right about the plugin conflict. this and facebook are the only places I can get ahold of anyone as I don't have a password for teamspeak server, and it asks for one and doesn't let me on if left blank. and I can't log in to game.... so here I sit.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Aaaand it's up
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Razz This is why we cant have nice things... j/k *pout* I was wondering what happened? Oh well... real life calls... work, work... Hope to see you all tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:33 pm

I still can't seem to log in
Back to top Go down
Garur
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:37 pm

I logged in, but then i got disconnected and now i can't log in either
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wikary101.tumblr.com/
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeah, me too. I can see the server is open, but whenever I log in, it times out. I was able to log in for a bit when it came back up, but now I'm stuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin

Your Style : Shipwright
Male Posts : 321

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Well this is weird. Had thought it was fixed but apparently not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://ello.co/soundrage
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:50 pm

The server is back up for for how long until the next crash is unclear.

Back to top Go down
Garur
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Your Style : Decorator
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 pm

i still cannot log in
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wikary101.tumblr.com/
G1_Soundwave
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:02 pm

That's because it just crashed again. Anyway, I can confirm that that's the eason, gps, as I just went to your home and instant crash so it'll have to be mcedited out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:21 pm

oh great... I have killed halcyon... well, we have been enduring that dreadful world save thing. can't we roll back to before I killed it? I promise I won't do it again... that way. actually, I anticipate losing the use of [bounce]. although I would like at least a test to see if that is, in fact, what caused it... once we fix it. I could be taking blame for something that wasn't me at all... just saying. anywho... i'll keep checking in.
Back to top Go down
EighteenCharacters
Special User
Special User

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:28 am

Relax bro. All bounce needs to do is be configured to recognize the signs as a block it shouldn't be able to push. Craft book has a list of unmovable blocks in the bounce I think. It may have been an oversight.

Mods are putting "18C is the bestest ^_^" Signs all over my island all the time. If I don't like them I can always remove them- 'cept they forget I can't. Perhaps it was just an oversight.

Just Stay Calm, and left-click.

Also, P.V.E. is down again....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:26 am

You are guilty, GPS!
I demand all your obsidian as a compensation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://SergioMorozov.Narod.Ru

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:43 am

Still no dice? Err... yeah don't see the server when I look online.

Oh..and the HOME page said a bot was also on the page as well... smile for the "google" spider... at least it said the bot was google.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:21 am

I know this is an old thread, but the bot is our way of saturating the google search results - it will always be logged in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Um.. so, yeah.... I did it again. we live and learn, right? Soooo.. here is what I TRIED to do.

I tried to make a pair of [Bounce] pistons to kick a block side to side at each other... thought that would look cool, yeah? Well, as soon as I fired it, the block only slid half way to the other bouncer. thought it odd and went to destroy it and figure out why. as I tried to walk, I got laggier and laggier with each step. Then I realized it didn't slide half way, it was passing between the two at blinding speed, appearing to stand still in the middle. By the time I realized this, I had only enough time to type "shit", then I was lagged up beyond repair.

If I try to go to my farm, or if anyone else does, they will cause the game to lag to hell. I think if someone can roll my iron block placement back to a good 5 minutes before my last chat entry on the server, when I said "shit"... that I would think should fix it. Sorry again for nearly killing the server.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:53 pm

okay.. looks like I was rolled back.. good... logged in.. good... took a few steps, then the server crashed... may or may not have been related... wahhhh! everyone gonna kill me regardless!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:56 pm

okay... Stormie claims this time it was a sunflower near her region. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:52 pm

so this has been taken care of?
Back to top Go down
Sergio_Morozov
Tree Chopper
Tree Chopper

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:29 am

I thought you should have learned NOT to use bounce pistons by now, Greenpea...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://SergioMorozov.Narod.Ru
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Sergio_Morozov wrote:
I thought you should have learned NOT to use bounce pistons by now, Greenpea...

mizeryschild wrote:
so this has been taken care of?

Bounce pistons were already disabled, at least I thought they were. Someone had disabled them the first time this happened, no idea how they got re-enabled.

"A man, can be an artist. In anything food whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece."

I'm the only gay Eskimo; In my tribe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Evil. Please read green's comment. They are enabled for centurion and above.
Back to top Go down
RubySparkler
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Your Style : Architect
Female Posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:03 pm

mizeryschild wrote:
Evil. Please read green's comment. They are enabled for centurion and above.

Huh? No I wasn't saything anything about green, I was saying in response to those two comments that I thought someone had disabled bounce pistons, while yes I know they were enabled for centurion i was fairly sure someone had disabled that because of what happened the first time. I was just stating that I thought they were still disabled, sorry.

"A man, can be an artist. In anything food whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece."

I'm the only gay Eskimo; In my tribe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rubydressing.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink   

Back to top Go down

Can't Log In... Broke My Location, I THink
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1